Friday, October 10, 2003

Rush gets his Rush
After years of blaming people for their problems, what does Rush have to say about being addicted for years to painkillers and only now getting around to getting his fat ass into rehab? That he has to "break the hold this highly addictive medication has on me." So now it's the drug's fault? What ever happened to personal responsibility, you fucking hypocrite?! After all the daggers he's thrown at people down on their luck, he is now exposed as a long term drug criminal, scoring his oxy the same way the pathetic street bums do.

Now full disclosure: I too have had an addiction to opiates. Unlike Rush, I went through a strict weening regimin and got myself off the damned things. Fuller disclosure: my addiction was with me when I woke up from a coma during and after which I was fed very necessary morphine through an IV.

Rush did also say, "I am no victim and do not portray myself as such. I take full responsibility for my problem." Whatever. Sounds weak after he says that "I chose to treat the pain with prescribed medication. This medication turned out to be highly addictive." Yeah, surprise, surprise, surprise. Opiates are addictive. Thanks for the upgrade to 19th century knowledge on the topic, idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home