Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Imagine if this guy were a Democrat
Salon.com News | Rep. Janklow steps down after conviction
Janklow would be hanged by conservatives like Limbaugh and Hannity and their filth were he not a Republican. And how about Tom Daschle taking the stand for the Defense of a Republican in the other house and telling the Jury that he thought Janklow an honest man? Can you imagine a Republican leader, like say Tome DeLay, doing something like that for someone accross the aisle? I really wonder why the jury rejected the diabetic reaction defense. Maybe it was the guy's history of driving like a jerk. Maybe they had access to blood tests after the crash which negated it. The stories I have seen do not say. I would think Janklow's blood sample would have been taken after the crash. Hmm. I'm leaning toward Not-Guilty, but I'm a permissive liberal who believes in the presumption of innocence and all that wishy-washy crap guaranteed by the Constitution. And for some reason, I can't get excited about possibly gaining a seat this way. I think that's what seperates us from the R's - we have compassion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home