Thursday, January 08, 2004

The funny Anti-Dean ad running in Iowa
discussed at: Salon.com | Joe Conason's Journal
Here's the quote that I have to discuss: "I think Howard Dean should take his tax-hiking, government-expanding, latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving, New York Times-reading," barks a man leaving a barbershop; a woman with him completes the sentence: "... body-piercing, Hollywood-loving, left-wing freak show back to Vermont where it belongs."

Let's see, I can't hike taxes or expand government, but I support my government doing so. I'll 'X' what's me:
X Latte drinking. mostly, I brew my own coffee, and if I'm getting coffee out, I usually get the large house coffee, 'cause it's cheaper, but I love those rich, expensive lattes!
X Sushi eating. Sushi = yummy. People who are unwilling to try sushi are backwater idiots. I love sushi, and have it often.
X Volvo driving. Yes, our primary car is a volvo. It's solid steel, with my toddler in his car seat in the middle of the back seat, because I'm a crazy worry-wort. Also, proving my status as the cultural elite: it cost me $500.
X New York Time's reading. Why would I not read the best newspaper in the country? It's my third news hit behind Salon (even more 'left-wing' and CNN - which is leftwing only compared to Fox News. I also read Slashdot, the Onion, & the Washington Post. Occasionally, I see what the right is saying by visiting Fox News, the Washington Times, or CBN or the like.
X body piercing. Well, I'm currently healing from my latest - my tongue was pierced four days ago, but I also have a pierced nipple (see pic of me linked at right) and pierced ears.
Hollywood loving. Err - not real fond of the right wing assholes that run Hollywood. Rubert Murdoch can piss off, especially for cancelling Firefly.
X left wing freak show - yeah that's me, baby! I love that Howard Dean is being disparaged by being associated with me. I love that rightwingers will actually describe me in their ad of the "left wing freak show." The squares are back, and they are as strong and wealthy as ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home