Friday, February 13, 2004

Bit Torrent
I may be late to the game, but I am highly impressed with bit torrent technology. It is a new download peer to peer system in which large files can be moved around in an incredibly user friendly manner. I am currently using it to grab the new UT2004 demo which came out a couple of days ago. I first heard about it monday when i was researching the incredible new Firefox (0.8) release. It has, however, caused my connection to slow for everything else (it doesn't seem to slow at all!) When I get the chance, I will post links so that you can grab this handy (open source) software for yourself. The client is tiny - like 376 kb or something. You could also just google "bit torrent" in the meantime.
here it is: http://www.halm.us/bthq/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home