Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Matrix Revolutions
So last night, I went to the Kennedy School to see the 9:30 Matrix Revolutions. It was the first time I'd bothered to go see it. Perhaps because the horrible reviews for the movie diminished my expectations, or perhaps it was because the movie was actually :ducking: pretty good, but I enjoyed myself. The movie was completely unlike the first two and had plenty of surprises. I don't want to give anything away for those who have not seen it, but your basic, formulaic hollywood ending is absent. Return of the King left way more protagonists alive than the Matrix. I sat back and enjoyed the story, the amazing visuals, and complex conflicts throughout. I think people who disliked Matrix 2 & 3 were jumping on a bandwagon. Not that there isn't legitimate flaws to critique, but please- most of the crap that Hollywood puts out just sucks horribly by comparison.

And the Kennedy School is wonderful. I got to drink my beer and eat my popcorn while lounging on my own leather sofa. And especially for a second run theater, the sound was pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home